Saturday, August 8, 2009

Busy week Ahead

My brother Pat and his son Kevin will be in Chicago this coming week. Katie, his daughter flew in yesterday and will be here a few days as well. Looking forward to spending time with them. Also attending Jordan's High School Grad party today. Then tomorrow my angel Julie and her family will be over for lunch. Lot's of family and love this week!!!!

Monday- Downtown with the nieces for Architectural Tour on the Chicago River. It's also my sister Kate's B-day!

I'll be attending a talk at Gilda's House (Gilda Radner from SNL) led by Colorectal Cancer Expert Dr. Al Bensen. I want to hear about current treatments. The exciting thing is that I have an appt. with him the very next day for a 2nd opinion! Trish Simon, a friend of my Sister's friend Linda, is fighting colon cancer that has metastasized as well. She is younger than me, but what a fighting spirit she has. She used her connections to get me an appt with Dr. Bensesn at Northwestern. I am so greatful to Trish.

I still don't have my medical records yet, which worry me. I need to put the pressure on to get them so Dr Bensen can review before Aug 14th.

I'm scared but anxious to start the 2nd opinion process. Some Dr's are very blunt and lays it out on the line- the good and the bad. I want to stay in a "good" hopeful place. But that's purely up to me.

I also have to tackle the paper work to apply for Long term Disability benefits- what a pain in the butt. My job has been eliminated at C&W, and with weekly chemo treatments and upcoming radiation, which is 5 days a week, I am limited in my ability to work, along with the side effects of chemo.

No comments:

Post a Comment