Friday, May 22, 2009

TGIF- not that it really matters, since I'm on work leave

I feel the need to post even if nothing terribly exciting or horrible or funny going on at the moment.


  • Lee has Tendonitis in his knee- swollen like a grapefruit last night. As he told he folks on the phone last night: "My b-day consisted of Tendonitis, changing my wife's poo-bag twice, and a customer stiffing me for $25,000."
  • I'm going to http://www.wellnesshouse.org/ in Hinsdale, IL, a place for Cancer Patients and families to connect, learn cooking for health, exercise etc. I'm going to try a Yoga class. I did enjoy Yoga when I took classes a couple years ago.
  • My gal pals are coming over this afternoon to drink, laugh and be merry.
  • Plumber is arriving to fix the nasty drip in my bathroom tub- Cross your Fingers it's not a $$$$$ repair, although we should probably re do the entire plumbing in our little abode at some point.

Oh, something I've noticed:

While I'm not losing my hair, thus far, from Chemo, it is thinning on my head and I've notice my ARMPITS are not their typical ape-like status. No shaving every day. Same on my legs - so that's a feel good, in terms of girlie maintenance.

Although I must admit, now that I' venturing out in public, I AM wishing I could put on some make up and look a bit more "Before-Peg". My chemo zits are so abundant, not sure worth trying to mask it, let alone aggravate it. I'll look inot it though.

I'll be sure to let you know if my Yoga experience yields any injuries, poo-bag leaks or other Peggy-esque events!

XOXOXO to all

Peggy

3 comments:

  1. Hi! I got to your blog via the 2peas post. I just read this entry but I'll go back to read some more. Want to send you some encouragement through your journey.
    I just helped my college softball team out this season b/c the head coach was going through chemo for breast cancer. She's doing really well and I'm happy for her progress. I didn't read what type of cancer your fighting, but it seems as though you have a great attitude.

    Also, I am a HUGE yoga fan. I do hot yoga and vinyasa! Hopefully you find that it helps you through your treatment! Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched my mom through cancer. You have such a positive attitude here and I think that works wonders! Good luck with your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry that you're going through this. Keep the positive attitude. I'm bookmarking this, so I can read more later!

    ReplyDelete